spotter: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (spot'ur), [key]
- a person employed to remove spots from clothing, esp. at a dry-cleaning establishment.
- (in civil defense) a civilian who watches for enemy airplanes.
- a person employed to watch the activity and behavior of others, esp. employees, as for evidence of dishonesty.
- an observer at a forward position who singles out targets for gunners.
- a person or thing that spots.
- (in small-arms practice firing) a small black disk attached to the target to make more prominent the places where a bullet has hit.
- an assistant to a sportscaster who provides the names of the players chiefly involved in each play of a game, esp. a football game.
- a person who is stationed in the most effective place to guard against an injury to a performer in the act of executing a maneuver.
- spotter (Thesaurus)