Meaning of spice
Pronunciation: (spīs), [key]
— n., v., spiced, spic•ing.
- any of a class of pungent or aromatic substances of vegetable origin, as pepper, cinnamon, or cloves, used as seasoning, preservatives, etc.
- such substances collectively or as material: Cookies without spice can be tasteless.
- a spicy or aromatic odor or fragrance.
- something that gives zest: a spice of humor in his solemnity.
- a piquant, interesting element or quality; zest; piquancy: The anecdotes lent spice to her talk.
- a small quantity of something; trace; bit.
- to prepare or season with a spice or spices.
- to give zest, piquancy, or interest to by something added.
- spice (Thesaurus)