song: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sông, song), [key]
- a short metrical composition intended or adapted for singing, esp. one in rhymed stanzas; a lyric; a ballad.
- a musical piece adapted for singing or simulating a piece to be sung: Mendelssohn's “Songs without Words.”
- poetical composition; poetry.
- the art or act of singing; vocal music.
- something that is sung.
- an elaborate vocal signal produced by an animal, as the distinctive sounds produced by certain birds, frogs, etc., in a courtship or territorial display.
- at a very low price; as a bargain: We bought the rug for a song when the estate was auctioned off.
Pronunciation: (sông), [key]
— n. Pinyin.
- song (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.