WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. song, vocal, musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music
- usage: a short musical composition with words; "a successful musical must have at least three good songs"
- 2. song, sound
- usage: a distinctive or characteristic sound; "the song of bullets was in the air"; "the song of the wind"; "the wheels sang their song as the train rocketed ahead"
- 3. song, strain, vocal music
- usage: the act of singing; "with a shout and a song they marched up to the gates"
- 4. birdcall, call, birdsong, song, animal communication
- usage: the characteristic sound produced by a bird; "a bird will not learn its song unless it hears it at an early age"
- 5. song, bargain, buy, steal
- usage: a very small sum; "he bought it for a song"
- 6. Sung, Sung dynasty, Song, Song dynasty, dynasty
- usage: the imperial dynasty of China from 960 to 1279; noted for art and literature and philosophy
All rights reserved.
See also: song (Dictionary)