Meaning of solution
Pronunciation: (su-l'shun), [key]
- the act of solving a problem, question, etc.: The situation is approaching solution.
- the state of being solved: a problem capable of solution.
- a particular instance or method of solving; an explanation or answer: The solution is as good as any other.
- the process of determining the answer to a problem.
- the answer itself.
- the process by which a gas, liquid, or solid is dispersed homogeneously in a gas, liquid, or solid without chemical change.
- such a substance, as dissolved sugar or salt in solution.
- a homogeneous, molecular mixture of two or more substances.
- Also calleda liquid, usually water, in which a medication is dissolved.
- solution of continuity.
- the termination of a disease.
- a breach or break in anything, esp. one in parts of the body normally continuous, as from fracture or laceration:solution of continuity.
- solution (Thesaurus)