WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. solution, mixture
- usage: a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances; frequently (but not necessarily) a liquid solution; "he used a solution of peroxide and water"
- 2. solution, answer, result, resolution, solvent, statement
- usage: a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem; "they were trying to find a peaceful solution"; "the answers were in the back of the book"; "he computed the result to four decimal places"
- 3. solution, method
- usage: a method for solving a problem; "the easy solution is to look it up in the handbook"
- 4. solution, root, set
- usage: the set of values that give a true statement when substituted into an equation
- 5. solution, success
- usage: the successful action of solving a problem; "the solution took three hours"
All rights reserved.
See also: solution (Dictionary)