solicit: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (su-lis'it), [key]
- to seek for (something) by entreaty, earnest or respectful request, formal application, etc.: He solicited aid from the minister.
- to entreat or petition (someone or some agency): to solicit the committee for funds.
- to seek to influence or incite to action, esp. unlawful or wrong action.
- to offer to have sex with in exchange for money.
- to make a petition or request, as for something desired.
- to solicit orders or trade, as for a business: No soliciting allowed in this building.
- to offer to have sex with someone in exchange for money.
- solicit (Thesaurus)