WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. solicit, beg, tap, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently; "Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce"; "My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities"
- 2. woo, court, romance, solicit, act, move
- usage: make amorous advances towards; "John is courting Mary"
- 3. hook, solicit, accost, offer
- usage: approach with an offer of sexual favors; "he was solicited by a prostitute"; "The young man was caught soliciting in the park"
- 4. solicit, induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- usage: incite, move, or persuade to some act of lawlessness or insubordination; "He was accused of soliciting his colleagues to destroy the documents"
- 5. solicit, ask
- usage: make a solicitation or petition for something desired; "She is too shy to solicit"
All rights reserved.
See also: solicit (Dictionary)