Meaning of snub
Pronunciation: (snub), [key]
— v., n., adj. snubbed, snub•bing,
- to treat with disdain or contempt, esp. by ignoring.
- to check or reject with a sharp rebuke or remark.
- to check or stop suddenly (a rope or cable that is running out).
- to check (a boat, an unbroken horse, etc.) by means of a rope or line made fast to a fixed object.
- to pull up or stop abruptly in such a manner.
- an act or instance of snubbing.
- an affront, slight, or rebuff.
- a sudden check given to a rope or cable running out, a moving boat, or the like.
- (of the nose) short and turned up at the tip.
- snub (Thesaurus)