- 1. rebuff, snub, repulse, rejection
- usage: an instance of driving away or warding off
- 2. snub, cut, cold shoulder, rebuff, slight
- usage: a refusal to recognize someone you know; "the snub was clearly intentional"
- 1. ignore, disregard, snub, cut, treat, handle, do by
- usage: refuse to acknowledge; "She cut him dead at the meeting"
- 2. rebuff, snub, repel, reject, spurn, freeze off, scorn, pooh-pooh, disdain, turn down
- usage: reject outright and bluntly; "She snubbed his proposal"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. snub, short (vs. long)
- usage: unusually short; "a snub nose"
All rights reserved.
See also: snub (Dictionary)