Meaning of slim
Pronunciation: (slim), [key]
— adj., v., n. slim•mer, slim•mest, slimmed, slim•ming,
- slender, as in girth or form; slight in build or structure.
- poor or inferior: a slim chance; a slim excuse.
- small or inconsiderable; meager; scanty: a slim income.
- sized for the thinner than average person.
- to make slim.
- to become slim.
- to try to become more slender, esp. by dieting.
- to lose weight, esp. intentionally.
- (of a business) to reduce operating expenses; economize.
- a garment size meant for a thin person.
- slim (Thesaurus)