Meaning of silly
Pronunciation: (sil'ē), [key]
— adj., n., pl. -li•er, -li•est, -lies.
- weak-minded or lacking good sense; stupid or foolish: a silly writer.
- absurd; ridiculous; irrational: a silly idea.
- stunned; dazed: He knocked me silly.
- (of a fielder or the fielder's playing position) extremely close to the batsman's wicket: silly mid off.
- rustic; plain; homely.
- weak; helpless.
- lowly in rank or state; humble.
- a silly or foolish person: Don't be such a silly.
- silly (Thesaurus)