- 1. silly, child, kid, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, fry, nestling
- usage: a word used for misbehaving children; "don't be a silly"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cockamamie, cockamamy, goofy, sappy, silly, wacky, whacky, zany, foolish (vs. wise)
- usage: ludicrous, foolish; "gave me a cockamamie reason for not going"; "wore a goofy hat"; "a silly idea"; "some wacky plan for selling more books"
- 2. airheaded, dizzy, empty-headed, featherbrained, giddy, light-headed, lightheaded, silly, frivolous (vs. serious)
- usage: lacking seriousness; given to frivolity; "a dizzy blonde"; "light-headed teenagers"; "silly giggles"
- 3. pathetic, ridiculous, silly, undignified (vs. dignified)
- usage: inspiring scornful pity; "how silly an ardent and unsuccessful wooer can be especially if he is getting on in years"- Dashiell Hammett
- 4. punch-drunk, silly, slaphappy, confused (vs. clearheaded)
- usage: dazed from or as if from repeated blows; "knocked silly by the impact"; "slaphappy with exhaustion"
All rights reserved.
See also: silly (Dictionary)