silhouette: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sil"-et'), [key]
— n., v., -et•ted, -et•ting.
- a two-dimensional representation of the outline of an object, as a cutout or configurational drawing, uniformly filled in with black, esp. a black-paper, miniature cutout of the outlines of a famous person's face.
- the outline or general shape of something: the slim silhouette of a skyscraper.
- a dark image outlined against a lighter background.
- to show in or as if in a silhouette.
- to remove the background details from (a halftone cut) so as to produce an outline effect.
- silhouette (Thesaurus)