seesaw: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sē'sô"), [key]
- a recreation in which two children alternately ride up and down while seated at opposite ends of a plank balanced at the middle.
- a plank or apparatus for this recreation.
- an up-and-down or a back-and-forth movement or procedure.
- a crossruff.
- moving up and down, back and forth, or alternately ahead and behind: It was a seesaw game with the lead changing hands many times.
- to move in a seesaw manner: The boat seesawed in the heavy sea.
- to ride or play on a seesaw.
- to keep changing one's decision, opinion, or attitude; vacillate.
- to cause to move in a seesaw manner.
- seesaw (Thesaurus)