seam: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sēm), [key]
- the line formed by sewing together pieces of cloth, leather, or the like.
- the stitches used to make such a line.
- any line formed by abutting edges.
- any linear indentation or mark, as a wrinkle or scar.
- a line of stitches formed by purling.
- a comparatively thin stratum; a bed, as of coal.
- to join with or as if with stitches; make the seam or seams of.
- to furrow; mark with wrinkles, scars, etc.
- to knit with or in a seam.
- to become cracked, fissured, or furrowed.
- to make a line of stitches by purling.
- seam (Thesaurus)