Meaning of Scott
Pronunciation: (skot), [key]
- born 1928, Canadian figure skater.
- 1795?–1858, a black slave whose suit for freedom (1857) was denied by the U.S. Supreme Courton the grounds that a slave was not a citizen and therefore could not sue in a federal court.
- 1862–1947, Canadian poet and public official.
- 1811–78, English architect.
- his grandson,1880–1960, English architect.
- 1868–1912, British naval officer and antarctic explorer.
- 1771–1832, Scottish novelist and poet.
- 1786–1866, U.S. general.
- a male given name.
- Scott (Thesaurus)