WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Scott, George C. Scott
- usage: award-winning United States film actor (1928-1999)
- 2. Scott, Robert Scott, Robert Falcon Scott
- usage: English explorer who reached the South Pole just a month after Amundsen; he and his party died on the return journey (1868-1912)
- 3. Scott, Winfield Scott
- usage: United States general who was a hero of the War of 1812 and who defeated Santa Anna in the Mexican War (1786-1866)
- 4. Scott, Walter Scott, Sir Walter Scott
- usage: British author of historical novels and ballads (1771-1832)
- 5. Scott, Dred Scott
- usage: United States slave who sued for liberty after living in a non-slave state; caused the Supreme Court to declare the Missouri Compromise unconstitutional (1795?-1858)
All rights reserved.
See also: scott (Dictionary)