saturate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.sach'u-r?t"adj., n.sach'ur-it, -u-r?t"), [key]
? v., adj., n. -rat•ed, -rat•ing,
- to cause (a substance) to unite with the greatest possible amount of another substance, through solution, chemical combination, or the like.
- to charge to the utmost, as with magnetism.
- to soak, impregnate, or imbue thoroughly or completely: to saturate a sponge with water; a town saturated with charm.
- to destroy (a target) completely with bombs and missiles.
- to send so many planes over (a target area) that the defensive electronic tracking equipment becomes ineffective.
- to furnish (a market) with goods to its full purchasing capacity.
- to become saturated.
- a saturated fat or fatty acid.
- saturate (Thesaurus)