saturated: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sach'u-rā"tid), [key]
- soaked, impregnated, or imbued thoroughly; charged thoroughly or completely; brought to a state of saturation.
- (of colors) of maximum chroma or purity; of the highest intensity of hue; free from admixture of white.
- (of a solution) containing the maximum amount of solute capable of being dissolved under given conditions.
- (of an organic compound) containing no double or triple bonds; having each single bond attached to an atom or group.
- (of an inorganic compound) having no free valence electrons.
- saturated (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.