Meaning of same
Pronunciation: (sām), [key]
- identical with what is about to be or has just been mentioned: This street is the same one we were on yesterday.
- being one or identical though having different names, aspects, etc.: These are the same rules though differently worded.
- agreeing in kind, amount, etc.; corresponding: two boxes of the same dimensions.
- unchanged in character, condition, etc.: It's the same town after all these years.
- the same person or thing.
- the same kind or category of thing: You're having steak? I'll have the same, but very rare.
- the very person, thing, or set just mentioned: Sighted sub sank same.
- You don't have to go but we wish you would, all the same.
- notwithstanding; nevertheless:You don't have to go but we wish you would, all the same.
- of no difference; immaterial:It's all the same to me whether our team loses or wins.
- It was a success, but it could easily have failed, just the same.
- in the same manner.
- nevertheless:It was a success, but it could easily have failed, just the same.
- in the same manner; in an identical or similar way: I see the same through your glasses as I do through mine.
- same (Thesaurus)