- 1. Lapp, Lapplander, Sami, Saami, Same, Saame, European
- usage: a member of an indigenous nomadic people living in northern Scandinavia and herding reindeer
- 2. Lapp, Sami, Saami, Same, Saame, Lappic, Lappish
- usage: the language of nomadic Lapps in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. same (vs. other), aforesaid(prenominal), aforementioned(prenominal), said(prenominal), identical, selfsame(prenominal), very(prenominal)
- usage: same in identity; "the same man I saw yesterday"; "never wore the same dress twice"; "this road is the same one we were on yesterday"; "on the same side of the street"
- 2. same (vs. different), assonant, comparable, corresponding, like, cookie-cutter, duplicate, homophonic, identical, indistinguishable, one(prenominal), synoptic, synoptical, equal, like#1, similar, similar, unvaried#1, unvarying
- usage: closely similar or comparable in kind or quality or quantity or degree; "curtains the same color as the walls"; "two girls of the same age"; "mother and son have the same blue eyes"; "animals of the same species"; "the same rules as before"; "two boxes having the same dimensions"; "the same day next year"
- 3. like (vs. unlike), same, equal
- usage: equal in amount or value; "like amounts"; "equivalent amounts"; "the same amount"; "gave one six blows and the other a like number"; "the same number"
- 4. same(predicate), unchanged (vs. changed)
- usage: unchanged in character or nature; "the village stayed the same"; "his attitude is the same as ever"
All rights reserved.
See also: same (Dictionary)