sacred: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sā'krid), [key]
- devoted or dedicated to a deity or to some religious purpose; consecrated.
- entitled to veneration or religious respect by association with divinity or divine things; holy.
- pertaining to or connected with religion (opposed to secular or profane): sacred music; sacred books.
- reverently dedicated to some person, purpose, or object: a morning hour sacred to study.
- regarded with reverence: the sacred memory of a dead hero.
- secured against violation, infringement, etc., as by reverence or sense of right: sacred oaths; sacred rights.
- properly immune from violence, interference, etc., as a person or office.
- sacred (Thesaurus)