rotate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rō'tāt or, esp. Brit., rō-tāt'), [key]
— v., -tat•ed, -tat•ing.
- to cause to turn around an axis or center point; revolve.
- to cause to go through a cycle of changes; cause to pass or follow in a fixed routine of succession: to rotate farm crops.
- to replace (a person, troops, etc.) by another or others, usually according to a schedule or plan.
- to turn around on or as if on an axis.
- to proceed in a fixed routine of succession: The sentries rotated in keeping watch.
Pronunciation: (rō'tāt), [key]
- wheel-shaped: applied esp. to a gamopetalous short-tubed corolla with a spreading limb. See illus. under
- rotate (Thesaurus)