Synonyms of rotate
- 1. revolve, go around, rotate, turn
- usage: turn on or around an axis or a center; "The Earth revolves around the Sun"; "The lamb roast rotates on a spit over the fire"
- 2. rotate, alternate
- usage: exchange on a regular basis; "We rotate the lead soprano every night"
- 3. rotate, serve
- usage: perform a job or duty on a rotating basis; "Interns have to rotate for a few months"
- 4. rotate, circumvolve, turn
- usage: cause to turn on an axis or center; "Rotate the handle"
- 5. turn out, splay, spread out, rotate, turn
- usage: turn outward; "These birds can splay out their toes"; "ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
- 6. rotate, grow
- usage: plant or grow in a fixed cyclic order of succession; "We rotate the crops so as to maximize the use of the soil"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rotate (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.