Meaning of robe
Pronunciation: (rōb), [key]
— n., v., robed, rob•ing.
- a long, loose or flowing gown or outer garment worn by men or women as ceremonial dress, an official vestment, or garb of office.
- any long, loose garment, esp. one for wear while lounging or preparing to dress, as a bathrobe or dressing gown.
- a woman's gown or dress, esp. of a more elaborate kind: a robe for the evening.
- apparel in general; dress; costume.
- a piece of fur, cloth, knitted work, etc., used as a blanket, covering, or wrap: a buffalo robe; a lap robe.
- to clothe or invest with a robe or robes; dress; array.
- to put on a robe.
- robe (Thesaurus)