Meaning of reservation
Pronunciation: (rez"ur-vā'shun), [key]
- the act of keeping back, withholding, or setting apart.
- the act of making an exception or qualification.
- an exception or qualification made expressly or tacitly: to accept something, but with inner reservations.
- a tract of public land set apart for a special purpose, as for the use of an Indian tribe.
- an arrangement to secure accommodations at a restaurant or hotel, on a boat or plane, etc.
- the record kept or assurance given of such an arrangement: Sorry, the hotel has no reservation under that name.
- reservation (Thesaurus)