Meaning of remainder
Pronunciation: (ri-mān'dur), [key]
- something that remains or is left: the remainder of the day.
- a remaining part.
- the quantity that remains after subtraction.
- the portion of the dividend that is not evenly divisible by the divisor.
- the difference between a function or a number and an approximation to it.
- a future interest so created as to take effect at the end of another estate, as when property is conveyed to one person for life and then to another.
- the quantities of stamps on hand after they have been demonetized or otherwise voided for postal use.
- a copy of a book remaining in the publisher's stock when its sale has practically ceased, frequently sold at a reduced price.
- remaining; leftover.
- to dispose of or sell as a remainder.
- remainder (Thesaurus)