remain: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-mān'), [key]
- to continue in the same state; continue to be as specified: to remain at peace.
- to stay behind or in the same place: to remain at home; I'll remain here when you go to the airport.
- to be left after the removal, loss, destruction, etc., of all else: The front wall is all that remains of the fort.
- to be left to be done, told, shown, etc.: Only the dishwashing remains.
- to be reserved or in store.
- Usually,something that remains or is left.
- fossil remains; organic remains.
- miscellaneous, fragmentary, or other writings still unpublished at the time of an author's death.
- traces of some quality, condition, etc.
- a dead body; corpse.
- parts or substances remaining from animal or plant life that occur in the earth's crust or strata:fossil remains; organic remains.
- remain (Thesaurus)