Meaning of reflection
Pronunciation: (ri-flek'shun), [key]
- the act of reflecting or the state of being reflected.
- an image; representation; counterpart.
- a fixing of the thoughts on something; careful consideration.
- a thought occurring in consideration or meditation.
- an unfavorable remark or observation.
- the casting of some imputation or reproach.
- the return of light, heat, sound, etc., after striking a surface.
- something so reflected, as heat or esp. light.
- (in a plane) the replacement of each point on one side of a line by the point symmetrically placed on the other side of the line.
- (in space) the replacement of each point on one side of a plane by the symmetric point on the other side of the plane.
- the bending or folding back of a part upon itself.
- reflection (Thesaurus)