WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. contemplation, reflection, reflexion, rumination, musing, thoughtfulness, consideration
- usage: a calm, lengthy, intent consideration
- 2. reflection, reflexion, physical phenomenon
- usage: the phenomenon of a propagating wave (light or sound) being thrown back from a surface
- 3. expression, manifestation, reflection, reflexion, demonstration, demo
- usage: expression without words; "tears are an expression of grief"; "the pulse is a reflection of the heart's condition"
- 4. mirror image, reflection, reflexion, likeness, alikeness, similitude
- usage: a likeness in which left and right are reversed
- 5. reflection, reflexion, picture, image, icon, ikon
- usage: the image of something as reflected by a mirror (or other reflective material); "he studied his reflection in the mirror"
- 6. reflection, transformation
- usage: (mathematics) a transformation in which the direction of one axis is reversed
- 7. observation, reflection, reflexion, remark, comment, input
- usage: a remark expressing careful consideration
- 8. reflection, reflexion, reflectivity, physical property
- usage: the ability to reflect beams or rays
All rights reserved.
See also: reflection (Dictionary)