Meaning of reduction
Pronunciation: (ri-duk'shun), [key]
- the act of reducing or the state of being reduced.
- the amount by which something is reduced or diminished.
- a form produced by reducing; a copy on a smaller scale.
- meiosis, esp. the first meiotic cell division in which the chromosome number is reduced by half.
- the process or result of reducing.
- the process of making a print of a narrower gauge from a print of a wider gauge: the reduction of 35-mm films to 16-mm for the school market.
- a village or settlement of Indians in South America established and governed by Spanish Jesuit missionaries.
- reduction (Thesaurus)