WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. decrease, diminution, reduction, step-down, change of magnitude
- usage: the act of decreasing or reducing something
- 2. reduction, reducing, chemical reaction, reaction
- usage: any process in which electrons are added to an atom or ion (as by removing oxygen or adding hydrogen); always occurs accompanied by oxidation of the reducing agent
- 3. reduction, simplification, change
- usage: the act of reducing complexity
All rights reserved.
See also: reduction (Dictionary)