rectify: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rek'tu-fī"), [key]
— -fied, -fy•ing.
- to make, put, or set right; remedy; correct: He sent them a check to rectify his account.
- to put right by adjustment or calculation, as an instrument or a course at sea.
- to purify (esp. a spirit or liquor) by repeated distillation.
- to change (an alternating current) into a direct current.
- to determine the length of (a curve).
- to adjust (a globe) for the solution of any proposed problem.
- rectify (Thesaurus)