WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rectify, determine, find, find out, ascertain
- usage: math: determine the length of; "rectify a curve"
- 2. refine, rectify, purify, sublimate, make pure, distill
- usage: reduce to a fine, unmixed, or pure state; separate from extraneous matter or cleanse from impurities; "refine sugar"
- 3. reform, reclaim, regenerate, rectify, change, alter, modify
- usage: bring, lead, or force to abandon a wrong or evil course of life, conduct, and adopt a right one; "The Church reformed me"; "reform your conduct"
- 4. rectify, remediate, remedy, repair, amend, correct, rectify, right
- usage: set straight or right; "remedy these deficiencies"; "rectify the inequities in salaries"; "repair an oversight"
- 5. correct, rectify, right, change by reversal, turn, reverse
- usage: make right or correct; "Correct the mistakes"; "rectify the calculation"
- 6. rectify, change, exchange, commute, convert
- usage: convert into direct current; "rectify alternating current"
All rights reserved.
See also: rectify (Dictionary)