quarterback: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kwôr'tur-bak"), [key]
- a back in football who usually lines up immediately behind the center and directs the offense of the team.
- the position played by this back.
- a person who leads or directs a group or activity.
- to direct the offense of (a team).
- to lead or direct: to quarterback a public-relations campaign.
- to play the position of quarterback.
- quarterback (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.