- 1. quarterback, signal caller, field general, back
- usage: (football) the person who plays quarterback
- 2. quarterback, signal caller, field general, back
- usage: (American football) the position of the football player in the backfield who directs the offensive play of his team; "quarterback is the most important position on the team"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. quarterback, play
- usage: play the quarterback
All rights reserved.
See also: quarterback (Dictionary)