Pronunciation: (kwo-dr'pul, -drup'ul, kwod'roo-pul), [key]
— adj., n., v., -pled, -pling.
- fourfold; consisting of four parts: a quadruple alliance.
- four times as great.
- having four beats to a measure.
- a number, amount, etc., four times as great as another.
- something, as a series of acrobatic somersaults, made up of four clearly defined parts or stages: the first trapeze artist to perform a quadruple successfully.
- to make or become four times as great: To serve 24 people, quadruple the recipe. My savings quadrupled in 20 years.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.