puncture: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pungk'chur), [key]
— n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- the act of piercing or perforating, as with a pointed instrument or object.
- a hole or mark so made.
- a small pointlike depression.
- to pierce or perforate, as with a pointed instrument: to puncture leather with an awl.
- to make (a hole, perforation, etc.) by piercing or perforating: He punctured a row of holes in the cardboard.
- to make a puncture in: A piece of glass punctured the tire.
- to reduce or diminish as if by piercing; damage; wound: to puncture a person's pride.
- to cause to collapse or disintegrate; spoil; ruin: to puncture one's dream of success.
- to become punctured: These tires do not puncture easily.
- puncture (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.