- 1. puncture, mishap, misadventure, mischance
- usage: loss of air pressure in a tire when a hole is made by some sharp object
- 2. puncture, hole
- usage: a small hole made by a sharp object
- 3. puncture, activity
- usage: the act of puncturing or perforating
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. puncture, pierce
- usage: pierce with a pointed object; make a hole into; "puncture a tire"
- 2. puncture, make, create
- usage: make by piercing; "puncture a hole"
- 3. deflate, puncture, deprecate, depreciate, vilipend
- usage: reduce or lessen the size or importance of; "The bad review of his work deflated his self-confidence"
- 4. puncture, depressurize, depressurise, decompress
- usage: cause to lose air pressure or collapse by piercing; "puncture an air balloon"
- 5. puncture, break, separate, split up, fall apart, come apart
- usage: be pierced or punctured; "The tire punctured"
All rights reserved.
See also: puncture (Dictionary)