Meaning of proportional
Pronunciation: (pru-pôr'shu-nl, -pōr'-), [key]
- having due proportion; corresponding.
- being in or characterized by proportion.
- of, pertaining to, or based on proportion; relative.
- The quantities
- (of two quantities) having the same or a constant ratio or relation:The quantitiesy and x are proportional if y/x = k, where k is the constant of proportionality.
- (of a first quantity with respect to a second quantity) a constant multiple of:The quantityy is proportional to x if y = kx, where k is the constant of proportionality.
- proportional (Thesaurus)