Meaning of promenade
Pronunciation: (prom"u-nād', -näd'), [key]
— n., v., -nad•ed, -nad•ing.
- a stroll or walk, esp. in a public place, as for pleasure or display.
- an area used for such walking.
- a march of guests into a ballroom constituting the opening of a formal ball.
- a march of dancers in square dancing.
- a formal dance; prom.
- to go for or take part in a promenade.
- to execute a promenade in square dancing.
- to take a promenade through or about.
- to conduct or display in or as if in a promenade; parade: They promenaded their prisoner before the townspeople.
- promenade (Thesaurus)