progress: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (n.prog'res, -rus or, esp. Brit., prō'gresv.pru&sylpgres'), [key]
- a movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage: the progress of a student toward a degree.
- developmental activity in science, technology, etc., esp. with reference to the commercial opportunities created thereby or to the promotion of the material well-being of the public through the goods, techniques, or facilities created.
- advancement in general.
- growth or development; continuous improvement: He shows progress in his muscular coordination.
- the development of an individual or society in a direction considered more beneficial than and superior to the previous level.
- increasing differentiation and perfection in the course of ontogeny or phylogeny.
- forward or onward movement: the progress of the planets.
- the forward course of action, events, time, etc.
- an official journey or tour, as by a sovereign or dignitary.
- going on; under way; being done; happening: The meeting was already in progress.
- progress (Thesaurus)