- 1. advancement, progress, development
- usage: gradual improvement or growth or development; "advancement of knowledge"; "great progress in the arts"
- 2. progress, progression, procession, advance, advancement, forward motion, onward motion, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
- 3. progress, progression, advance, change of location, travel
- usage: a movement forward; "he listened for the progress of the troops"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. progress, come on, come along, advance, get on, get along, shape up, develop
- usage: develop in a positive way; "He progressed well in school"; "My plants are coming along"; "Plans are shaping up"
- 2. advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move forward, also in the metaphorical sense; "Time marches on"
- 3. build up, work up, build, progress, develop
- usage: form or accumulate steadily; "Resistance to the manager's plan built up quickly"; "Pressure is building up at the Indian-Pakistani border"
All rights reserved.
See also: progress (Dictionary)