profess: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pru-fes'), [key]
- to lay claim to, often insincerely; pretend to: He professed extreme regret.
- to declare openly; announce or affirm; avow or acknowledge: to profess one's satisfaction.
- to affirm faith in or allegiance to (a religion, God, etc.).
- to declare oneself skilled or expert in; claim to have knowledge of; make (a thing) one's profession or business.
- to teach as a professor: She professes comparative literature.
- to receive or admit into a religious order.
- to make a profession, avowal, or declaration.
- to take the vows of a religious order.
- profess (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.