proceeding: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pru-sē'ding), [key]
- a particular action or course or manner of action.
- a series of activities or events; happenings.
- the act of a person or thing that proceeds: Our proceeding down the mountain was hindered by mud slides.
- a record of the doings or transactions of a fraternal, academic, etc., society.
- to institute proceedings against a person.
- the instituting or carrying on of an action at law.
- a legal step or measure:to institute proceedings against a person.
- proceeding (Thesaurus)