- 1. proceeding, legal proceeding, proceedings, due process, due process of law
- usage: (law) the institution of a sequence of steps by which legal judgments are invoked
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. continue, go on, carry on, proceed, talk, speak
- usage: continue talking; "I know it's hard," he continued, "but there is no choice"; "carry on--pretend we are not in the room"
- 2. proceed, go forward, continue, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move ahead; travel onward in time or space; "We proceeded towards Washington"; "She continued in the direction of the hills"; "We are moving ahead in time now"
- 3. go, proceed, move, act, move
- usage: follow a procedure or take a course; "We should go farther in this matter"; "She went through a lot of trouble"; "go about the world in a certain manner"; "Messages must go through diplomatic channels"
- 4. proceed, go, happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: follow a certain course; "The inauguration went well"; "how did your interview go?"
- 5. continue, go on, proceed, go along, keep, act, move
- usage: continue a certain state, condition, or activity; "Keep on working!"; "We continued to work into the night"; "Keep smiling"; "We went on working until well past midnight"
All rights reserved.
See also: proceeding (Dictionary)