Meaning of privileged
Pronunciation: (priv'u-lijd, priv'lijd), [key]
- belonging to a class that enjoys special privileges; favored: the privileged few.
- entitled to or exercising a privilege.
- restricted to a select group or individual: privileged information; a privileged position.
- (of utterances or communications)
- not rendering the person making them liable to prosecution for libel or slander, in view of the attendant circumstances.
- not requiring any testimony concerning them to be presented in court.
- (of a vessel) having the right of way. Cf.
- privileged (Thesaurus)