prevail: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pri-vāl'), [key]
- to be widespread or current; exist everywhere or generally: Silence prevailed along the funeral route.
- to appear or occur as the more important or frequent feature or element; predominate: Green tints prevail in the upholstery.
- to be or prove superior in strength, power, or influence (usually fol. by over): They prevailed over their enemies in the battle.
- to succeed; become dominant; win out: to wish that the right side might prevail.
- to use persuasion or inducement successfully: He prevailed upon us to accompany him.
- prevail (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.