Meaning of praise
Pronunciation: (prāz), [key]
— n., v., praised, prais•ing.
- the act of expressing approval or admiration; commendation; laudation.
- the offering of grateful homage in words or song, as an act of worship: a hymn of praise to God.
- the state of being approved or admired: The king lived in praise for many years.
- a ground for praise, or a merit.
- to praise someone publicly and enthusiastically: He is always singing his wife's praises.
- to express approval or admiration of; commend; extol.
- to offer grateful homage to (God or a deity), as in words or song.
- praise (Thesaurus)